Switzerland is a very important market in the world of art and there is growing demand for legal assistance in art related matters.
LVA LAW has consequently developed a specialization in the field of Art Law, a challenging sector which by definition comprises many different areas of the law such as civil law, commercial law, administrative law, taxation, criminal law, IP law and the law of persons.
In particular, our qualified team is able to assist private investors, banks, insurances, art collectors, art galleries, auction houses, art enthusiasts and artists with regards to all legal aspects connected to works of art, both at a national and international level, thanks connections with an extensive network of highly specialized professionals in the sector of Art Law and Art Advisory, with whom the Firm also collaborates in the publishing of legal journals, in the organization of events, including vernissages and private exhibitions, exclusive guided tours in art galleries and art fairs.
Such services include:
- import/export of works of art;
- purchase and sale of works of art (auctions, intermediation, private negotiations);
- donation and inheritance proceedings having as object of works of art;
- consultancy services for VAT and other taxation issues connected to the movement of works of art;
- insurance, loan and escrow agreements in relation to works of art;
- consultancy services for foundations and trusts;
- expert estimates and technical assessments of works of art.